j-flamingo reflections

Inspired by the grace and beauty of the flamingo, my life reflected by my love of reading, writing and creating.

Heartfelt Humanity


 Our life is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life’s Star…”

~William Wordsworth 1770-1850 From #536: Ode


Heartfelt Humanity

 
Through our memories

we live in each other’s hearts

our bodies are cold at death

what’s inside us is beautiful

and helps us to live

we are enough to BE.

 

Do the best with what we know

and what we are given in this life

we are treasures-

more than we know.

 

Our souls heal

touch

love

if separated

these simple impressions

may not be felt anymore.

We seek to speak-

heart to heart

a presence is left

within memory.

 

Being kind is always an option.

reaching out to others

to lift them from despair

is an amazing occasion.

 

Be sincere-

find light and share it on a whim

Just because-

no reason necessary

give because you did not

and you want to.

 

Life is a miracle

gently wake

pursue happiness

each day

fight for peace

that is worth

what kindness brings.

 

Live in the middle

of the song

be the harmony

finding beauty in the breathtaking

moment

because you are breathing

you are what

you were meant to be-

human.


***


©JAC

Originally written: 05/11/12

Rewritten: 01/12/13

 
2012: In loving memory of:






-Forever embedded into my heart because of what you brought into this world and shared with me. RIP.

I’ve needed to write this for some time and I can’t seem to write anymore for this blog until I get this posted.  I know this poem is not perfect but please understand that it is written in earnest.

0 comments:

About this blog

Welcome Readers~to my blog! A tiny extension of myself and my life. Here, I'll share this journey through my top passions in my life - reading, writing, and creating. You can expect to read poetry, view my papercrafts and read design related posts. Every once in a while, I hope you'll grasp an honest feel of my heart. If you haven't noticed, I love flamingos! I think they are beautiful birds. *Thanks for your attention.*

She is pure Alice in Wonderland, and her appearance and demeanor are a nicely judged mix of the Red Queen and a flamingo.
~Truman Capote

welcome vistors

About my original stories & poetry: Please be courteous.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Protection Tool

Look who did my page

Julie Hatch Carter's Facebook profile

my little tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    I've read

    Widget_logo

    My Bookshelf - What I'm currently reading

    Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

    "Advertising isn't a science. It's persuasion. And persuasion is an art." ~William Bernbach

    Followers

    About Me

    My photo
    I love living my life through reading books, creating beautiful things to make people happy, and sharing snipits of the world as I see it through writing, blogging or designing.

    Labels